Providing a comprehensive curriculum to serve the spiritual, educational, developmental and social needs of your child from a Christian worldview.
We believe in serving each child’s individual needs. We spend the time to gain rapport with each of our students in order to understand their viewpoints on life, past educational experiences, spirituality, social and family background. Our belief is that by earning our student’s trust, they will excel in their learning and feel confident to ask questions and share when they feel frustrated or do not understand. We want to insure that each child will reach their potential by providing an individual educational plan, as governed by the state of Texas requirements of essential academic skills.
We believe education is a lifetime search for truth. While we filter all curriculum through a Biblical lens, we use a mix of both secular and Biblical resources in the classroom. We believe this approach better equips our students to function in society today, rather than “insulating” them from, and not preparing them for, the world as it is today.
We are unapologetically a Christian school, but we do not require a statement of faith. We are a very inclusive family environment with a diverse student and family population.
We do not require Statement of Faith to enroll or attend ALA, nor do you have to agree with all our beliefs. We have a very diverse and accepting family atmosphere. This statement is just so you will know the worldview lens through which we filter all our teaching.
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21).
2. We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
3. We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4: 15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His Resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4), His Ascension to the right hand of God (Mark 16:19), His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
4. We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God's grace and through faith alone are we saved (John 3:16–19, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8–9; Ephesians 2:8–10; Titus 3:5).
5. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28–29).
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:12–13, Galatians 3:26–28).
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13–14; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19–20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
8. We believe that the term marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18–25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Corinthians 6:18, 7:2–5; Hebrews 13:4). We believe that God's command is that there be no sexual intimacy outside
of or apart from marriage between a man and a woman.
9. We believe that God wonderfully foreordained and immutably created each person as either male or female in conformity with their biological sex. These two distinct yet complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26–27).
Our Statement of Faith is not exhaustive of all our beliefs. The Bible, as the inspired and infallible Word of
God, speaks with absolute authority regarding the proper conduct of mankind and is the unchanging foundation
for all belief and behavior.